Looking for a career in website development, programming, SEO or digital marketing? If you have talents you can’t wait to grow and develop, want to work in a fast-paced setting and thrive on being the go-to leader in your area of expertise, contact us! Mannix Marketing, inc. is a locally owned business with over 17 years experience in the internet marketing industry. We offer generous benefits with a high income potential as well as a fun working environment. Join OUR growing team!
Regional Digital Editor
Join one of the nation’s top digital marketing companies located in Upstate NY. The Regional Digital Editor position cultivates our popular regional guides like Saratoga.com, Adirondack.net, GlensFallsRegion.com, Albany.com, LakeGeorge.com and others. This is a full time position that reports to the Director of Digital Marketing.
Responsibilities include a variety of duties such as:
- Develop a needs assessment for the type of content that would be suitable to attract new and repeat visitors for the sites with the overall goal to increase site metrics including lift in traffic, page views and time on site
- Analyze the websites to best determine the appropriate writing style and tone necessary to connect with the differing audiences of the various sites
- Research, create, and upload content for locals and visitors alike for the regional online guides, email newsletters, and/or other media on a daily basis which could include proper coordination of phone and/or in-person interviews
- Assist with production of email newsletters for Mannix Marketing’s regional online guides
- Review and maintain Mannix Marketing’s regional online guide’s daily, to ensure content is up-to-date, accurate, helpful and meaningful to the public.
- Determine methods of writing, organizing, pre-planning and uploading of articles to be as efficient and effective in writing for the online guides as possible
- Creation of blog articles about upcoming events, business openings, restaurant reviews, op-ed’s, and regional news written for the online guides
- Creation of blog posts written for Mannix Marketing’s corporate blog
- Resize and optimize relevant photos to coordinate with online articles, guides and blog posts
- Foster a positive community spirit for locals, tourists, small businesses and nonprofits in the areas represented
- Monitor and assist with the management of the events calendars for the online guides including delegating tasks to review and approve user submitted events, delegate event build-outs, edit existing events, coordinate paid event promotions, and provide feedback on the new enhancements to the events calendar system
- Administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Data entry / cross-checking for our admin system
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Keep task list current, populated with notes and up to date
Weekly time clocking, tracking and internal billing of assignments
The ideal candidate uses a creative mindset to suggest changes, updates, edits, and new formats. Can uphold deadlines, multitask, communicate efficiently and clearly, and can manage multiple projects at once. This position requires exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates should be detail oriented with ability to reprioritize tasks as needed. Proficiency in Adobe Dreamweaver and / or WordPress preferred but not required.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements when applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Strategist
Passionate about social media? Join Mannix Marketing as the Social Media Strategist for our regional social media presence promoting the Adirondacks, Glens Falls, Lake George, Saratoga, Clifton Park and Albany. This is a full time position that reports to the Director of Digital Marketing.
Responsibilities include a variety of duties such as:
- Develops and implements social media strategies for all of regional social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn
- Works with editorial team to help in the creation of a social media posting calendar
- Engages in dialogue and monitors audience response
- Immediately alerts Director of Portal Marketing of any issues or negative feedback
- Utilizes social media tools to facilitate the accounts
- Creates engaging social media posts that influence behavior using powerful graphical elements and impactful marketing copy
- Stays abreast on industry trends, best practices, technologies, new social media advancements, opportunities, tools, and risks. Provides recommendations accordingly
- Creates promotional, content, engagement and conversion strategies
- Coordinates and manages all purchased posts and social media advertising
- Designs graphics for social media accounts including cover photos, photos for posts, and landing pages
- Monitors internet for brand related topics of conversation
- Uses social networking analysis tools
- Develops sales and advertising opportunities using social media tools for the digital sales department
- Weekly reporting to the Director of Portal Marketing
- Monthly reporting to the Director of Portal Marketing and CEO
The candidate must possess a strong marketing mind and previous social media management experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements when applying to Jennifer Manz at email@example.com.
Front End WordPress / Back End PHP Programmer
We are looking for a WordPress Developer to create websites for Mannix Marketing’s local and regional clients. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills (with a strong attention to detail), the knowledge to perform their duties diligently, the ability to work in an ever-growing, fast- paced environment, and above all else, is passionate in what they do! 2-5 years of experience in a web programming role is required.
- Development of high traffic, custom WordPress/PHP websites
- Significant experience working with REST APIs
- Strong analysis, design, development and testing skills, along with usage of best practices in PHP development
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional environment with peer developers, SEO, design, and sales
- Multitask towards multiple deadlines with an eye towards improving process without sacrificing quality
- Proficiency in PHP programming
- Development from conception to implementation, high-volume and high-concurrency programming
- Well versed in the best security and performance practices with web applications
- After hours support for on-call issues with application and hosting
- Two to five years website development experience, at least two years working with WordPress
- At least one year of PHP development experience
- Understanding of coding for web standards and browser/platform compatibility
- Dedication to squashing bugs
- Development of responsive website and web applications from conception to completion
- E-commerce technology and web development experience
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines with a customer first attitude
- Desire to improve work environment and culture
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Kim Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Marketing Strategist
We’re seeking a talented individual with several years of experience in digital marketing to join our growing agency!
The Digital Marketing Strategist meets with businesses to assess their marketing needs and then creates strategic marketing plans which lead to new projects for our teams. This role requires a smart and tech-savvy businessperson who is more like a consultant than a traditional salesperson.
You’ll need to break down various marketing topics (such as SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, etc.) to a level that makes sense to business owners, executives and decision makers from a variety of different industries.
While this is an in-house position at our Glens Falls office, some travel is required when meeting with local businesses at their office.
Typical daily responsibilities of a Digital Marketing Strategist:
- Schedule meetings with business owners, marketers and/or decision makers – either in-person at our Glens Falls office or online via GotoMeeting
- Prepare for meetings by performing in-depth review of prospects’ digital marketing assets (e.g. website, content, social media profiles, etc.)
- Maintain detailed notes from client interactions and add to company CRM
- Create strategic marketing plans that help businesses achieve their goals through the best combination of website design and development, SEO, PPC, social media, email marketing, and online advertising
- Work with development team to quote new projects
- Assist in client kick-off meetings to ensure a smooth transition from strategist to project manager
- Review client deliverables in a timely manner and with a high attention to detail
- Foster ongoing communication with existing client base and identify opportunities for new projects
- Keep internal teams aware of latest industry trends and opportunities to expand our services
Pre-Requisites of a successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 2 years of experience in a consulting or business development role (agency experience is a plus)
- Outstanding verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Experience applying SEO, social media (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest) and email marketing in a business setting
- Experience using Content Management Systems (for example, WordPress)
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and with multiple departments (designers, developers, project managers, SEOs, and salespeople)
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: Jeremy Abel at Jobs@mannixmarketing.com.
Inbound Marketing Specialist
An Inbound Marketing Specialist implements SEO, PPC, and social media marketing strategies that help clients get found and get leads! You’ll have hands-on experience running campaigns from start to finish to ensure that your clients’ goals are being achieved.
Since you will often find yourself working with multiple departments (e.g. design, development, strategy) and meeting in-person with clients, this is an in-house position at our Glens Falls offices.
Typical daily responsibilities of an Inbound Marketing Specialist:
- Perform routine keyword research and analysis using free and paid keyword research tools
- Implement SEO, PPC and social media marketing best practices
- Generate unique content for clients based on their industry and target market
- Set-up, monitor and manage social media accounts (Facebook Pages, Twitter Accounts, Google+ Pages and Google+ Local Pages, Pinterest Accounts, etc.)
- Analyze clients’ website statistics and identify areas of opportunity
- Create custom monthly reports that show clients the big picture
- Track time management through company CRM
- Keep internal teams aware of latest industry trends and best practices
Pre-Requisites of a successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of several areas of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) including but not limited to: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), inbound marketing, conversion rate optimization, keyword research and analysis, and pay per-click (PPC)
- Experience using social media in a business setting, including: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and others
- Proficient using website analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Comfortable writing and editing HTML/CSS
- 1 to 3 years of Customer Service, Marketing, Writing for the web, Computer Information Systems
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work independently while thriving in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing tasks with changing priorities
Please Note: We are not looking to review resumes or interview for this this position until May 2014, but please forward your cover letter and resume to: Jennifer Manz at Jobs@mannixmarketing.com.
Account Services Intern
Perfect to get real world sales and marketing experience at a digital marketing firm. Get program credits and field experience while working in a fast-paced digital marketing sales room. Must be willing to travel to the corporate offices in Glens Falls, NY for training and meetings. Hours are flexible and can work within your schedule and program requirements. Internship includes reaching out to potential sales leads in the region, processing and writing sales contracts, creating listings on Google Places, crafting marketing copy for client advertising, automating and analyzing client statistics, attending weekly sales meetings, etc.. This is an unpaid internship, so it MUST be for college credit. Send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@mannixmarketing.com indicating that you are interested in the account services internship.
Social Media Intern
Are you obsessed with the power of social media? Mannix Marketing is looking for a tech-savvy social media intern that has enthusiasm and passion for the web especially in the social media arena.
This internship is perfect for English, Marketing, Communications and other related majors. Get program credits and field experience helping produce strategy and content for our 30+ local social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and LinkedIn among others.
Learn and Apply the Following Skills:
- Create a long term social media strategy and content calendar
- Build relationships online through our social media friends, fans and followers
- Analyze social media stats to verify opportunities and trends
- Create compelling content that is share-able online
Must be willing to travel to the corporate offices in Glens Falls, NY for training and meetings. Hours are flexible and can work within your schedule and program requirements. This is an unpaid internship, so it must be for college credit. Please note: We are currently accepting seasonal internship applications. Send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@mannixmarketing.com indicating that you are interested in the social media internship.
Perfect for English, Marketing, Communications and other related majors. Get program credits and field experience writing for our regional online guides. Must be willing to travel to the corporate offices in Glens Falls, NY for training and meetings. Hours are flexible and can work within your schedule and program requirements. Please send along writing samples with your resume. This is an unpaid internship, so it MUST be for college credit. Please note: We are currently accepting seasonal internship applications. Send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@mannixmarketing.com indicating that you are interested in the writing internship.
Swat Team – Website Development Intern
Perfect for future website developers. Get program credits and field experience working in our website design and development department. Must have excellent knowledge of WordPress or DreamWeaver. Must be willing to travel to the corporate offices in Glens Falls, NY for training and meetings. Hours are flexible and can work within your schedule and program requirements. This is an unpaid internship, so it MUST be for college credit. Please note: We are currently accepting seasonal internship applications. Send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@mannixmarketing.com indicating that you are interested in the swat team internship.