Video Search Engine Optimization
Videos are all the rage now online! Jump on the bandwagon and promote your videos through online video marketing with services from the professionals. Share your thoughts, your message and boost brand reputation by enhancing your videos with professional search engine optimization.
Interested in creating videos for your company and are not quite sure how to then market them to the public? Contact us! Chat with an internet marketing specialist about the benefits, risks and potential gains from viral marketing, such as video. Optimize your videos for search and post them on YouTube, Facebook, MySpace or Twitter. Build your 'friend' base and reap the benefits of optimizing your videos for search.
SEO Tips for Video Optimization On-Site
Search Engine Optimization Tips for hosting or posting videos on your website:
- Do Keyword Research for your video (Soon Google will be able to index the words that are in the video!) Check out the number of people who are adding the word "video" or "audio" to their keyword searches.
- Include important keywords in the video filename
- Include /video.cfm in your page file name.
- Include a "Videos" link in your text footer links
- Use in-file meta-data - Meta data Title, author, description
- Place all your hosted videos in one "Videos" folder so the word "videos" is in the page name as well.
- Advantages: More text and pages to optimize
- Use embedded players: Not pop-ups
- Follow general SEO principals: include relevant links and articles on the page
- Videos can be hosted on your website and on 3rd party video sharing websites without duplicate content penalties normally associated with normal content.
- Don't put video-related text inside Ajax, Java or Flash
If You Host the Website:
- Add an embed code for the video to make it easy for others to add to their website or blog.
- Enable comments
- Add to RSS Feed
Video Usability Tips
- Cut your videos up into "Video Snacks" (under 2 minutes in length): Make each video highly targeted.
- Each video snack can rank for specific terms and you are making each video easier to "digest" almost like chapters in a book.
- Example: If you are doing a gardening video, break it out into a video about tulips, one about roses, etc
- Have your YouTube Account Name be your domain name (example: Saratogadotcom) - manage your brand
- Have a graphic with your domain name on your YouTube account
- Repeat your domain name multiple times during the video
- Tease additional information within the video that can only be found on your website
The Future of Video
Did you know that over 44% of videos were discovered randomly by search engines? 30% of online searches reside in the 'Other' category. What is the 'other category' referring to? It's searches on audio files, video files, PDF uploads, podcasts and other social media/viral marketing techniques that people are using in today's world to get their websites found. Of the 30% of searches in the 'other' category - 15% is searches related to video!
If you do not currently have videos on your site and are curious to find out how you can utilize video for search, please contact us! Universal Search is expanding into video files, PDF downloads, audio and local search - is your site optimized for the future?