Most web visitors are coming to your website to obtain information. They came to your site, loved what they were seeing, and navigated throughout the site and YES! They came to your Contact Us page. You’ve almost got ‘em. Now it’s time to clinch the deal. Here are some simple guidelines to follow to make sure your Contact Us page is up to snuff.
- Keep the form short and sweet. Don’t have too many categories to fill out.
- If you are a large company, offer contact information for your different departments: eg. Webmaster contact, Advertising contact, etc…
- Include directions to your physical office (a plugin from Google maps is also helpful)
- Remove any unnecessary clutter on the page.
- If you do have a form on the page, it is a good idea to have an email be sent out when you fill out the form to immediately go to their email address so they know the form was received correctly and that someone will be in touch shortly.
- Include your hours of operation.
If you follow these steps, you will be on your way to higher conversions. Remember to have your Contact Us link easy to find on ALL pages of your site. (I like to link it in the top right hand corner and within the footer links.)