Facebook contests are all the new fad these days. They can help build your brand and drive a huge amount of traffic to your site. The right contest can raise a ton of revenue and build great PR for your business, and can also be a lot of fun too!
Give consumers some ownership in the experience by creating your own contests with User Generated Content. “UGC” as it is most commonly called, is simply a promotion that allows consumers to upload their own content (images or videos) to the Internet and use the content to enter the contest. Find your ultimate fan, best dancer, best product recipe or whatever you dream up and we guarantee your customers will have a blast coming up with stuff. Voting mechanisms and viral marketing channels allow users to take ownership in the experience to spread the reach of your contest.
Here are some examples of contests:
1) Photo Sharing Contests – Lets consumers upload photos and write their captions to win!
2) Video Sharing Contests – Lets customers upload their video to show you everything they’ve got!
3) Essay Contests – Let them speak their mind.
4) Custom E-Greetings – Allows consumers to upload their picture to a cut out character, customize a card or create a funky beat. The combinations are endless.
Below is an example of a recent Facebook contest hosted by American Express:
“Would you like to win $20,000 to help grow your business? Well here is your opportunity!
American Express OPEN is teaming up with Facebook to host the Ultimate Big Break contest. Five small business owners will win the Ultimate Big Break: A trip to Facebook headquarters for a two-day, one-on-one business makeover and $20,000 to help grow their business with social media.
To enter, simply visit the American Express Open – Big break fan page and answer the following three short questions:
1) Tell us about your business. What makes you excited to come to work every day?
2) How do you envision Facebook impacting your business?
3) How could a Big Break help your business and your customers?
The deadline to enter is Monday, May 23. For official rules and insightful tips to help grow your small business visit facebook.com/OPEN.”
In result, this contest built great PR for American Express, created hundreds of thousands of new followers on Facebook, and a surge in traffic on its fan page which continues to provide marketing tips and information for small business owners through their forum. All in all, the desired goal of building brand awareness and growing their online presence was achieved!