1. Collages – Collages are a fun way to show off your food! To create one, download the “Collages” app in your smart phone. It’s free and really simple to use! (Tip: If you don’t have a smart phone, you can also do this online at Ribbet.)
2. Add your Menu to your fan page – Your fans are hungry. Make it easy for them to find your menu by putting it right on your Facebook page! You can even link it directly to your website. Use the free Woobox app or contact us if you need help.
3. Cover Photo – Add a cover photo that will make your fans DROOL! Mmm, look at that cheesecake. I think I might have to go there for dinner tonight….
4. Add your website URL in the About section of your profile.
5. Highlight your events – Do you host any live bands or run a weekly mug night special? Use the events app to spread the word and invite your fans to join in on the fun!
6. Coupon – Give away coupons! Fans will have to “like” your page first to get the coupon. Get the coupon app here.
7. Polls – Polls are a great way to interact with your fans and get valuable feedback. Why not show a few of your dishes and ask fans which one they like better? It will get them talking and your engagement rate will shoot up through the roof. And it might also make them stop in that day to get some. 🙂
Example Post: “Tell us which appetizer is your favorite!”
8. Meeting Space – Do you offer meeting spaces? Private party space? Catering? Create a tab on your page providing more information on these services.
9. Get a Vanity URL – This basically means create an “easy to remember” website URL for your fan page.
So instead of it looking like this:
..it looks like this:
Tip: To do this, log in to the admin section of your page, click on “Edit page” -> Update Public Info -> Username. Change it to your restaurant name.
10. Add Mouthwatering Images – It’s no secret that images sell! Especially when it comes to food. Take photos of your special of the day and post them on your page. Yono’s in Albany, NY does a great job at this:
11. Add Videos – People love to watch videos! Add the YouTube video app to your fan page. Here’s an idea: Take a 2 minute shot of your head chef making the special of the night.Visitors will get to see how their meals are made, and it might get their taste buds jumping. Anything “behind the scenes” people just eat up. 😉
Tip: To get the free YouTube app, search for “YouTube” in the search bar.
12. Offers – Have you seen this newest tab on Facebook? It’s located right where you write a post. Use it to promote offers which can then be shared with all of your fans’ friends.
So there you have it. Top 12 Awesome Facebook Tips for Restaurants. Not quite sure how to implement these yourself? Give me a call at 518-743-9424 and I’d be glad to assist. Have any other questions on social media marketing? Give me a ring! Until then, Happy Marketing!