Today, I’m going to teach you how to make an awesome Facebook cover photo for your business page! Believe it or not, your cover photo can actually be a powerful marketing tool for you. After all, it is the first image people see when they visit your page, so you want to make sure it really captures the essence of your brand.
While you could simply choose a photo from an existing photo album, doing this is probably not going to give you a professional-looking image that makes your business look terrific. In this video, I’ll reveal three simple steps to creating a professional looking Facebook cover photo (with little to no design skills):
Just to recap:
1. Gather great photos of your products or services. Next, go to www.picmonkey.com, the free photo editing tool, and edit them.
2. Add text to your image. What do you want your customers to know about? Are you hosting an event, running a contest, promoting a new special or product? Add this to your cover photo.
3. Add your business information and a call to action in the description area.
Tip: Not sure what images to use? Here are a few ideas:
- Candid photos of customers enjoying your products (be sure to get permission to use these)
- Your most popular products
- Icons of awards that you’ve won
- Employees in action
- Company founders
- Store interior or exterior
Tip: In accordance with the Facebook Ads Policy and Guidelines, make sure the text in your cover photo does not exceed the 20% text limit.
Do you have any other tips that you’d like to add? Share with us in the comments below. Do you need help creating a cover photo for your business page? Give us a call today at 743-9424, we’re happy to help!