With every month that passes, more and more users are using their iPads, Smartphones… and now the iPad Mini to browse the internet. It once was okay to just pinch and zoom the browser to get around the web from your mobile device or tablet, but with these smart devices comes smarter methods for serving up a better user experience (UX)… formatted on the fly. So, if you’re not considering the importance of a responsive design, then you’re really losing out on a growing chunk of visitors coming to your site. Don’t know where to start? Actually we can help out with that!
What is Responsive Design ?
A responsive web design is one that uses style sheets (CSS) to modify the layout of a web page to fit different screen sizes by automatically detecting the resolution (width) of the device.
One website to serve them all…
Instead of having to create a desktop friendly website, a mobile website, a website for the iPad (and now the iPad Mini), other tablets, smartphones, smart TVs, smart refrigerators… instead of all that – now, you only need to have one site that has a responsive web design which will be able to properly showcase your beautiful content for any device now or in the future… whether it’s the iPad Mini or Mega.
10 pretty solid reasons you need a Responsive Website:
- Money… as in you will save it by not having to invest in a specific website just for a Smart Refrigerator, iPhone, etc…
- Time… having a responsive designed website will allow you to publish content once in one location.
- Better User Experience… Your customers will love that you are thinking of them and all about their experiences
- Link building is easy with only one site to work on! With more quality links to one website, the better off your site will do in the search results.
- You don’t have to worry about duplicate content. I said, you don’t have to worry about duplicate content. Again, this all helps with your search engine rankings.
- With only one website, you will not compete against yourself in the rankings. You won’t have to compete with the mobile version of your site (e.g. mobile.mywebsite.com)
- Sharing and social media strategies are a lot easier with one domain name.
- Hmm, only 7 reasons?! What the! Well, that’s close enough. Got any more benefits to pass along? Help me finish the 10 reasons below.