At a recent Mannix Marketing, Inc. Facebook 101 presentation for businesses that have not yet to start a Facebook Page and business who have started, but have done little else. It went exceptionally well, but with so many businesses represented it gets you thinking about how many businesses are not on Facebook yet because of one reason or another. Some of the more popular reasons we heard were:
- I’m not tech savvy
- It would take up too much time
- My target market doesn’t use Facebook
- I started a Page but didn’t see instant results
We like to help businesses get the most out of their marketing, so if we feel they are missing an opportunity we like to tell them. So we offer the following rebuttals to the above reasons:
- I’m not tech savvy – You don’t have to be. If you think setting up a Facebook Page is too much for you, ask someone at your business, or contact an Internet Marketing professional. Once the Page is set up, keeping it active can take as little as a few clicks and a few sentences every day or even every other day (or you could even schedule out your posts so you don’t have to go in as often).
- It would take up too much time – Not really. Entering a post doesn’t take more than a few minutes (if that), and if you are in tune with your business, industry and clients finding topics to post about shouldn’t be difficult at all.
- My target market doesn’t use Facebook – With over 500 million users worldwide and over 140 million users in the U.S., this may be the case, but very unlikely. People young and old are using Facebook more and more each day.
- I started a Page but didn’t see instant results – Although there are instances when you may see instant results to certain campaigns or advertisements you do through Facebook, that’s not where the major benefits usually come from. The bigger picture with Facebook is more as a long term part of your business’ marketing program. It builds trust and brand awareness, can be used for market and product research, allows for word of mouth marketing and a can yield a host of other great results that aren’t always connected to that day’s bottom line.
Facebook is as close to a must as there is when it comes to pieces to a marketing campaign for any business. It’s where the people are, and once you get things started with your Page it doesn’t have to be a huge investment for you.
Is your business on Facebook? How long have you been using it? If you don’t have a Facebook Page yet, do you plan on building one soon? Contact Mannix Marketing, Inc., your local Upstate NY social media marketing company to learn how you can use Facebook to create better experiences for your customers.