It’s been a while since we posted about Video SEO (actually a year and a half since we wrote about some basic video SEO strategies. Does that mean its time has passed? Is video not an important part of your business and website marketing plan?
Actually, video may be more important than ever when it comes to your website, capturing the attention of potential customers and converting them into customers. And why is this?
Let’s start with what’s still the same.
- YouTube is still a huge place for search (by some estimates it would be the 2nd largest search engine)
- Creating your own videos is easier than ever
- Videos show up on search engine result pages more and more
- Transcriptions of video allow you to get added keyword rich text within a video page on your website
Now let’s take a look at what has changed over the past 18 months
- Search engines are looking at the ‘media mix’ that websites have to use in their rankings (re: more videos could mean higher rankings)
- People are adding the word ‘video’ to their search phrases at an increasing rate
- Search engines are getting closer to being able to ‘understand’ what a video is about
- Sharing of videos is rampant, and sharing is a social factor that is being looked at by the search engines (not to mention that sharing of avideo in itself can help spread the work about your business, service or product)
So now that you are convinced this is a must for your business, give us a call to help with your video optimization. If you want to start yourself, what are the next steps?
Decide what your videos will be about. What is the message you want to put out there? Will it be just one or two videos? Will it be a video for each product? How will the videos connect? Do you need professional looking videos, or can they have a lower quality look and still accomplish the goals? You need to start with a plan. A professional marketing company or video production house can help you with this (and all steps). But it can also start with a simple video that you take with your phone.
Map out the plan. Once you know what the videos will include, start building a plan that includes shots needed, scripts, people who need to be involved and other details that will make the execution of the plan go smoothly.
Produce and edit your videos. This is the exciting part. Make the videos and edit them. You may have uses for different length videos (i.e., 30 second quick video of the CEO, and a 5 minute more in depth interview), so keep the end use in mind when editing them.
Optimize your videos. While in production, follow best practices when it comes to video SEO.
Post, embed and share your videos. Let people know about the videos. You may roll them out one at a time, or all at once. Whatever the case, be sure to put them where people will want to play them and share them. Remember to optimize pages, websites and posts where the videos are.
If you wouldn’t mind, please tell us about the favorite videos you have seen on the web and why you like them below.
Would you like some help with your video search engine optimization strategy? Give Mannix Marketing a call at 518-743-9424. We look forward to hearing from you and increasing your presence on the web.