Thank you for trusting us with your advertising. Now it’s time for your internet marketing check-up! As you look forward to the upcoming season, it’s important that you check your listings, make sure you are listed in all the right places, test your emails and check all contact forms. This will ensure you don’t miss important leads!
Please use the following check list to ensure that your listings are set up the way you want:
- LOCATION – Is my business listed properly in all the subcategories where my business belongs? LakeGeorge.com is set up in five main “channels”Lodging | Dining | Things to Do | Real Estate and Home | Business Services
- Are you listed under the correct location?
- Lodging clients, should you be under Budget Accommodations? (rooms under $100 in August)
- Should you be under Luxury Lodging? (your rooms cost a minimum of $350/night and offer Lake George water views)
- Should you be listed as On the Lake?
- Should you be listed as Pet-Friendly?
- All other services on your lodging property – on-site restaurants, boat rentals, etc – are treated as a separate business. Do you have a listing set up for them in the appropriate channel?
- House Rentals are also now a separate purchase – we have it set up this way as motels and hotels being listed under house rentals were confusing to the visitor. If you were a Hotel or Motel with an existing House Rental Listing on LakeGeorge.com, your listing has already been created. If you would like to add a house, cottage or cabin rental that is separate from your hotel or motel and you would like to market it as such, contact us so we can set you up with a separate listing and description for the specific house rental.
- A word to ALL advertisers: Please check to make sure your business is where it should be!
- DESCRIPTION – Do your descriptions accurately describe your business? Could it be better? Simply send us replacement text, and we’ll update your information for you OR log in to your account to make updates at your convenience, free of charge! Access your account at LakeGeorge.com/account
- PHOTOS – Are there photos on your micro-site listing? Do you have better photos? If so, send replacements, or add them yourself. Access your account at LakeGeorge.com/account
- MAP – Is your Google map location correct?
- EMAIL – Do you have a “contact us form” on your micro-site? If so, please test it to make sure you are receiving emails from leads. If it does not work, let us know!
- SPECIALS – Do you want to have specials listed? Add them through your account login at LakeGeorge.com/account
- REVIEWS – Have you asked patrons and your customers to review your establishment online? If not, we highly recommend that you encourage your happy clients to review your business online at LakeGeorge.com! More on this…
Now, how about your website?
- Test your email links, test your contact us forms. Did you receive your inquiries?
- Is everything on your site accurate?
- Do you have your new rates online?
How about your other listings?
- Check out your listings on other very important sites like: www.LakeGeorgeChamber.com, www.VisitLakeGeorge.com and www.LakeGeorgeNewYork.com
Are you listed in Google Local?
- Type your business name into Google with your street address, city, state and zipcode.
- Does a MAP appear?
- Is your business information and website link appearing beside the map?
- Is the information correct?
- If not, follow the instructions at Google to fix this listing or to ADD your business if it’s not there. Learn more about this
- Have you seen our email newsletters?
- We send out e-newsletters at least once a month to over 13,000 visitors to the Lake George region. YOU can tap into this market!
- Do you want your special deal featured? Put your special on LakeGeorge.com AND contact us to reserve a coupon feature in the newsletter!
- Do you want to be a featured advertiser in the newsletter? Reserve your spot to get a “big box” display ad in our next LakeGeorge.com newsletter campaign!