Display advertising is a graphic online advertisement, much like a billboard. Display ads appear next to content on web pages. There are various types, sizes and formats for a display ads including static banner ads, rich media ads with movement, flash ads, video ads and more. Unlike text-based ads, display advertising relies on elements such as images, logos, audio and video to communicate an advertising message. Static ads are about the click and branding, while rich media ads are about brand engagement.
Display ads have often been considered digital billboards in everyone’s living room, bedroom, office & pocket used to grab visitor’s attention 24 hours a day / 7 days a week; allowing you to showcase your brand with strong calls to action that drive traffic to your website.
In a recent report released by iProspect a third of internet users surveyed reported that they clicked on display ads.
But wait! It doesn’t end there – of those who did not click on the ad:
- 27% users reported that they did an online search for the product brand or company
- 21% directly entered the company website
- 9% used social media tools to gather more information about the company
… and according to a report by ComScore:
- Display campaigns yielded a 46 percent lift in advertiser websites visits
- 27 percent more likely to make a purchase online
- 17 percent more likely to make a purchase at the advertiser’s retail store.