Introducing Nichole May… Nichole is the Internet Marketing Coordinator for our sales team and one of the newest members of the Mannix Marketing family.
I enjoyed having the opportunity to get to know Nichole a little better. Here is what she had to share…
1. We know you grew up in the Rochester area, attended Syracuse University and lived in Boston. What do you like most about each area?
Although growing up in a town filled with just a few thousand people can be challenging, little ol’ Naples, NY had its perks too. Aside from my family, the scenery is my favorite thing about the area. Especially in the fall, it’s breathtaking! My time at Syracuse was amazing. I couldn’t have asked for a better university and a better group of friends. I would say my favorite part about Syracuse is definitely the camaraderie and school spirit. From going to a basketball game to sitting in the dining hall, everyone was decked out in Orange. Oddly enough, my favorite part about Boston, and one thing I miss the most, is the crazy and assertive drivers. Some call it annoying, I call it controlled chaos. To survive on the streets of Boston is an accomplishment in itself. You have to be alert at all times and learn how to use your horn.
2. We heard you’re a dancer. Can you tell us a little more about that?
I have been a dancer for over 20 years. I started country line dancing with my dad when I was just three years old. When I was in fifth grade, I joined a dance-related club at my elementary school and pursued it through high school. In college, I had the opportunity to choreograph as well as participate in the university’s largest on-campus dance group. I have met almost all of my best friends through dance. I couldn’t imagine my life without it!
3. Aside from dancing, what is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Other than cooking/baking, which I’ll discuss later, definitely watching TV. Some say I’m an addict, others say it’s perfectly healthy. I won’t even try to “name a few” of my favorite shows because I would probably miss 20 of them. I will say that I have no shame in watching some of Bravo TV’s reality “shows.”
4. What is your favorite thing about having relocated to the Glens Falls area?
I really like the sense of community in this area. I would say that is true with many upstate New York, CNY and Western New York towns/cities. My least favorite thing is that the closest Wegman’s is in Syracuse, NY or Worcester, MA.
5. Now that you’ve had a chance to settle in, what would you say are your favorite things about being part of Mannix Marketing?
I love a lot of things about Mannix Marketing. First, I love how well everyone gets along; second, how helpful everyone is; and last but not least, how positive and forward-thinking everyone is.
6. We have learned that you enjoy cooking. Name a few of your favorite dishes to make and why are they your favorites?
I wouldn’t say I’m partial to any one or two dishes, but I do love Mexican food (the lactose free kind, of course!) One of my favorite things to do is to go grocery shopping. Many people see it as a chore, but I see it as an adventure. I will often time go with a small list, but come out with a cart full of things.
7. Everyone gets this one… What is your number #1 goal for the immediate future here?
- I think my number one goal for the immediate future is to streamline a lot of the processes of the Internet Marketing Coordinator position. From managing contracts, to gathering display ads, to working directly with our customers, there are a lot of things I need to organize in any given day. Ultimately, I want to make our customer’s even happier!
Thanks for taking the time to share Nichole. Welcome to Mannix Marketing!